Recipe Repost: Because it's that good!
I created this recipe for my first World Food Championships contest entry and published it at At Home with Rebecka on March 11, 2015. I didn't win a Golden Ticket for the Dessert category however, God had other plans for my food-contesting journey. I went on to win Golden Tickets in two other categories that year in Seafood, and Bacon. I chose to enter the Bacon Category and won the title of Bacon World Champion in 2017. I've been creating one-of-a-kind recipes and competing in the Bacon Category at the World Food Championships ever since.
You can also find the recipe featured in the incredibly informative publication, fyi50+ Magazine a Senior Life Magazine committed to inspiring, informing, and entertaining the 50+ audience. To read my monthly recipe article(s), subscribe to the online magazine, or order the hard copy version, visit this LINK.
These flaky, ooey, gooey chocolate love bites are a cinch to make for your family's sweet tooth on Valentine's Day or when you are craving a special dessert recipe! Individual phyllo cups filled with creamy chocolate, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries never tasted better. It will be a lovefest at first bite!
OOEY-GOOEY CHOCOLATE LOVE BITES-VALENTINE'S DAY SWEETS
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate rough chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate rough chopped
- ⅓ cup butter for melting chocolate melted
- ⅓ cup butter for phyllo pastry melted
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jar organic maraschino cherries
FOR THE FILLING
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat, remove from heat Chop baking chocolate into pieces and add to hot butter Stir until chocolate pieces are melted, set aside In a medium mixing bowl combine, sugar, flour, salt and whisk until blended Add eggs and whisk until light yellow in color and creamy Add cooled melted chocolate and whisk for 2 minutes to combine, set mixture aside
FOR THE PHYLLO
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Mix sugar and cocoa powder together in a small cup, set aside Melt ⅓ cup butter in microwave Remove 6 sheets of phyllo from package Using a pastry brush, brush butter over first sheet then lightly sprinkle a fine layer of sugared cocoa over the phyllo, add another layer and continue process until all sheets are done Cut phyllo into 3x4 inch pieces Arrange cut sheets into small cupcake pan Cook pastry cups for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from oven Fill cups with approximately 1 tablespoon prepared chocolate batter Return to oven and bake for additional 8-12 minutes or until centers are firm but not browned, remove from oven and cool completely
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks, add sugar and whisk slightly to combine Slide a small pastry tip into the corner of a small zip baggie allowing the plastic to break open at the tip Fill the baggie with whipped cream Pipe small amount of whipped cream onto each cup Top individual cups with maraschino cherry and serve
Impress Your Sweetheart with More Chocolate Recipes - by At Home with Rebecka
Malted Milk Chocolate Cupcakes
Leave a Reply