Ideal for a holiday table centerpiece, filled with tons of fall flavors; this recipe is a one pot/squash side dish! You will wow your family and friends with this simple but elegant recipe. Make this stunning centerpiece and virtually a no mess dish for your next holiday gathering!
- 1 large buttercup squash
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove top of squash like carving a pumpkin, clean seed from top and keep to use when baking
- Completely remove seeds and pith from squash, salt and pepper inside of squash
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Fill squash cavity with butter, molasses and sugar, add more salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap squash completely in aluminum foil, place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-1 hour
- Remove squash from oven and test for doneness, lift lid, piercing the flesh with fork. Squash is done when fork slides smoothly into flesh with no resistance
- Using a large spoon, scoop flesh in chunks leaving flesh inside the squash in the hot liquid
- Serve hot
- This is a spectacular centerpiece for the holidays!